LOS ANGELES, Oct. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Decentraland, the world’s largest user-owned and operated virtual social world, today announced the second annual Metaverse Music Festival (MVMF), featuring established talent , new types of metaverse experiences , and more. This year, MVMF returns bigger and bolder November 10-13 with 100 confirmed artists (more to come) on unique community genre stages and with newly created, Web3-enabled, immersive music experiences. Brought to you by digital asset platform KrakenMVMF is free for all, no RV, ticket or headset required.
In October 2021, Decentraland hosted the inaugural Metaverse Music Festival which featured over 80 artists including Web3 innovators Deadmau5, 3LAU, Paris Hilton, RAC and Alison Wonderland, and saw 50,000 unique attendees during the event of 4 days. Since then, major artists including Jason Derulo and Grimes, labels and producers, have embraced virtual performances leading to MTV announcing a new category of metaverse at their 2022 VMAs.
Set in a cyberpunk city of the future, the centerpiece of the 2022 festival is the Tower of Babel stage with Universal Music France Vladimir Nightmareaward-winning chinese idol group SNH48CryptoPunk Rapper Spot Wi-Fijapanese girl group Atarashii Gakko!afro and funk band based in london Amadis and the AmbassadorFinnish Women’s Orchestra Maija Kauhanenspace rock project Hand shakeBritish DJ and producer Akira the DonDJ Eddy Temple-Morris’ group losers and Klezma (Web3 music launchpad) artists inc. K-pop group 2 a.m., Israeli DJs and producers Erika Krall and liana of gold and former Division 1 athlete SEED.
The Metaverse Music Festival features curators who are redefining intellectual property ownership and seeking to transform the music industry through Web3 technology and artificial intelligence software, including:
- Metal festival on tour Iconic Global OZZFEST which launched the careers of countless new bands including Slipknot, Disturbed, System of a Down, Incubus, Lamb of God and many more, comes to Decentraland with a confirmed virtual performance by Ozzy Osbourne himself (fresh off his new album Patient Number 9 topping the world charts) and some exciting acts to be announced soon.
- Iconic music brand LIME WIRE will host one of the main stages with an exclusive avatar performance and music video premiere of Soulja Boy directed by Grammy-nominated director Yasha Gruben, in addition to many other musical artists from various genres.
- AR metaverse platform MORE will present the experiences and performances of DJ Regard, Morgan, Jamis, Nicola Fasano, Danilo Rossi and Azel.
- NOT PAIRthe team behind the party degenerates NFT collection, will inaugurate the OxArena, a unique place with an outdoor stage, 3 indoor clubs, a concept store and an NFT gallery. Take part in performances organized by Superf3st, Volta XR, Revealed Recordings, Fold London and others.
- Metaverse Music Label HIS who’s on stage with Junior Andre, Ellysse Mason, Tarune, Lil Yamaha, Miya Miya and Soundr’s first AI virtual band, Skullz.
- RANDOM RAVERSa metaverse music brand, presents The Raverse, an immersive rave experience featuring international artists such as Dead-Tones, Ray Kash, Kana Hishiya and NonCitizens, among others.
- METATOKYO will feature a stage featuring Japanese music artists and Metaverse artists and a special installation – a gigantic dancing doll made in collaboration with Metaani, NFT Character and iconic Japanese artist Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.
This year, Decentraland is dubbing the music in the Metaverse. MVMF will showcase the latest metaverse technology that offers listeners truly unique experiences only available through a virtual world. Decentraland’s unique Emotes allows any creator around the world to create custom movements and gestures that bring your avatar to life, and will be a central part of how viewers are entertained through dance and self-expression during the festival. New motion capture technology will also be demonstrated on this global stage from Move.ai which enables costume-less motion capture and Kinetix.tech which aims to allow creators to create emoticon NFTs using only a phone camera. Presenting partner Kraken will also launch a series of exclusive NFT apparel for festival-goers, unveil a pop-up NFT gallery, and hold a special after-party festival.
Whether promoting an album release, supporting an NFT strategy, experimenting with metaverse performances, or finding new ways to share their music with new audiences, Decentraland’s MVMF supports artists from multiple ways. New fan engagement models – such as wearables, NFT gated experiences, and exclusives – have grown in popularity over the past year and are being taken to another level this year. Artists playing at MVMF have worked with community designers from Decentraland to create unique swag options and specials that will be announced soon.
For this year’s festival, superstar producer, songwriter and DJ Dillon Francis collaborated with Vegas City to bring a state-of-the-art Dillon Francis mega club to Decentraland. Dillon will open the festival with a very special set that will be shown on multiple screens throughout the mega club all weekend, making it something of a right of passage for anyone who comes to the festival at any time. Attendees will also get to play Smash the Piñata with Dillon’s infamous sidekick, Gerald, and chase him around the room.
The Decentraland Festival District presents an array of exciting new experiences and performances, including a Jerry Garcia Acoustic Stage, MultiNFT Techno Parkour Stage, an epic pop-up disco from web3 music network MODA DAO and, most importantly, the OG Stage featuring Decentraland’s most prolific musicians and event planners.
Finally, Decentraland will introduce a variety of new metaverse experiences for users to attend when their ears need a moment’s rest, such as the Portaloo experience at the follow the bunny to Take the blue pill live. Other experiences are aimed at community creators and organizers looking to develop more integrated experiences, presented through the MadMax in a decentralized way race, a community dance competition using the first generation of Emotesand the Go Behind the Scenes Quest.
Join Decentraland for the next episode of the Metaverse Music Festival by pre-registering at the event link. Follow us on Twitter at #DCLMVMF22 and join our Discord to learn more about specific experiences and as-yet-unannounced artists who will be joining us at MVMF. See you at the show.
Launched in 2020, Decentraland is a virtual social world powered by the Ethereum blockchain and the first decentralized metaverse. Within the Decentraland platform, users can create, experience, and monetize content and applications, as well as socialize and attend a wide range of daily community events. Decentraland is unique in that it is owned, created and governed by the people who use it every day. Through Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO), users can submit proposals and even apply for grants for the community to vote on.
Kraken is one of the largest digital asset platforms in the world and the leader in terms of volume and liquidity in euros. Globally, Kraken’s client base trades over 200 digital assets and 8 different fiat currencies. Kraken was founded in 2011 and was one of the first exchanges to offer margined spot trading, regulated derivatives and index services. Kraken is trusted by more than 10 million customers and institutions worldwide and offers professional online support around the clock.”
For media inquiries: [email protected]