Port Jefferson Harvest Festival, Costumed Dog Parade is Sunday
Village of Port Jefferson Harvest festival everything is ready for this Sunday.
From noon to 5 p.m., the village of the Côte-Nord hosts a series of events for the festival.
(Schedule below. At the moment, no rainy date is forecast for the day.)
Activities include a Farmer’s Market at the Village Center, a chowder crawl with eight participating restaurants in Chandler Square, and crafts at the Port Jefferson Library.
There’s also a haunted walking tour, food tastings, and marshmallow roasts.
“Combining these sub-events with children’s activities, woodcarving demonstrations and haunted walking tours, this festival is a family-friendly experience,” said Barbara Ransome, director of operations at Grand Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce.
One of the draws of the day is the annual costumed dog parade.
“Everyone loves to participate in the costume pet parade,” said Port Jeff Mayor Margot Garant. “Thanks to Pick up the Boutique dog for sponsorship. ”
According to the Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, more than 100 dogs and their owners participate in the pet parade.
The parade will begin at 2 p.m. at the Fetch Doggy store on East Main Street.
events / times
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Farmer’s market in the center of the village
- Noon Free scientific circus show at the Village Center
- 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Chowder Crawl in Chandler Square (participation fee)
- 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Haunted Walking Tour in Chandler Square ($ 2 fee with proceeds going to local pantries)
- Food tastings at C’est Cheese, Port Jeff Brewing Company, Port Jeff Liquors
- Marshmallow roasting in the frigate parking lot
- Woodcarving demonstrations at the Frigate parking lot
- Old agricultural machinery in the center of the village
- 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Manufacture of candy bags (for a fee)
- 2:00 p.m. Parade of costumed dogs
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Festive handcrafting at the Port Jefferson Library
Above: File photo from a previous dog costume parade.